I was looking back at what I wrote about Ansel when he was Amalia’s age and I had a lot more to say about him than I do about her. I think that at this age babies don’t do much but when it is your first you notice everything. So, I thought more about Amalia’s character and this is what I noticed.
Amalia is cuddly and makes a lot of drooly bubbles. She doesn’t like the pacifier but prefers the real thing. She likes to watch her brother but doesn’t like the loud noises he makes. When I put her in the Ergo front carrier she falls right to sleep. In fact, she sleeps better than Ansel did in general. We have chosen to do less co-sleeing with her. I was feeling unsafe doing it so as she sleeps in her co-sleeper bedside crib at night. We all sleep better, too. At 6 am she comes into bed with us for an hour. I love sleeping face to face with her.
She has been sleeping 3-4 hours at night now but a few nights she slept 6 hours. Woo-hoo!
She doesn’t like to be put down. She likes to be held over the shoulder and patting her back quiets her down as well as burps her! From the moment she was born I feel like I understand her wants and needs pretty well. I think that comes from experience. Sometimes she cries and she sounds like her feelings are so hurt! I think she’ll be a good communicator.
Amalia had her vaccinations today and now has a little fever. Poor kid. I can’t find infant Tylenol or generic brand anywhere! There was a recent recall and no one has restocked their shelves. I had to talk to three Kaiser employees to find an alternative.
She has a birthmark and Ansel never had any. She also has blocked tear ducts which Ansel never had.
Different pregnancies, different births, different kids.
Ansel at 2 months

Amalia at 2 months
No comments:
Post a Comment