Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Sweet Pea


I never thought I'd be one of those parents who would buy a Halloween costume for their baby, but here it is and so worth it. Per my request my parents brought Ansel to my school for the Halloween parade. My students and co-workers loved seeing him. Then Ansel and I went round to a couple of neighbors homes before he had to go to bed. We only had a handful of trick-or-treaters to our door. Very disappointing.
At Five months, Ansel is doing all sorts of fun things. He exercises his voice screeching like a pterodactyl. Other have said it sounds like two cats fighting. Sometimes he makes himself cough from screeching too long.
Ansel has found his feet. He likes to kick things, especially in the bath. I get quite wet these days. When he is undressed, he will grab his feet and attempt to get his toes in his mouth. That is only if I don't get them in my mouth first. They are so yummy!
Ansel will stand and sit up with minimal support. I want to say that he is on the verge of sitting up alone but for a month he has been on the "verge" of rolling over from his back to his stomach. I think he has given up on it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, get the insulin - that is tooooo sweeeet!
Auntie Paulette just made a new photos folder to organize my collection of Ansel photos.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Anonymous said...

He is too cute. I think it is your duty as a mother to dress him up as often as possible for your friends and relations to admire. I had no trick-or-treaters, not one! And I've got a bunch of kids living on my block or adjacent ones.

veganmomma said...

Costumes are a must, at any opportunity. I think they'll appreciate it when they are older and can look back at the pictures.

smoothie said...

Oh now...let's get serious, shall we? "I never thought I'd be one of those parents who would buy a Halloween costume for their baby"


Dearest wife, and mother of my child, who exactly are you foolin' here? You are EXACTLY the kind of person who dresses up her child in halloween costumes. Let us consider the evidence: 1. you have dressed up for halloween every year since we met. 2. you take pictures of your students at halloween every year 3. you have never once failed to carve a pumpkin and prepare for an onslaught of trick or treaters, despite your annual disappointment at the turnout. 4. you dressed up our _cat_ halloween, fer chrissakes.

All that said, Ansel sure was cute as that pea pod.

ALL ABOUT ANSEL AND AMALIA

WELCOME TO ANSEL'S and AMALIA'S BLOG.
Yes, they have to share. I am not keeping up two blogs!