Sunday, February 3, 2008

Made in Oakland

I love to cook. I tried two new recipes this weekend. Yesterday I made samosas from the Whole Foods Cookbook. Their dough called for 6 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of water. To give you a sense of how insane this is, when I make pie dough I use 2 cups of flour and 2/3 to 1 cup of water. Their dough was tough and glutenous. The filling tasted great. They will be hearing from me. (Haha - I just searched their web site and saw an addendum for the recipe that said it should read 2 cups not 6.)The other recipe was the Brazilian Black Bean Soup from Moosewood. I soaked the beans for the allotted 4 hours and cooked them for more than the required 1 1/2 hours and they are still tough. So we got take-out tonight. I have been trying to keep the kitchen clean (cleaner than normal) because we have company..
We have a mouse. It is not a pet. It is not wanted. It is ignoring the traps, even the one with peanut butter. So all in all I am not feeling the love in the kitchen right now.
Here is one thing I cooked well. He stewed for 38 weeks in me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's your secret recipe???

Fine Family said...

We had a mouse - we may still have others, but we did catch one so far. I can feel your pain...we used a "zapper" - battery operated electrocution device in a space inaccessible to child and dog...Lola can smell the soynut butter (which is what we used in the trap)...it's driving her wild that she can't get to it!

ALL ABOUT ANSEL AND AMALIA

WELCOME TO ANSEL'S and AMALIA'S BLOG.
Yes, they have to share. I am not keeping up two blogs!